Login    Register

the cheek of it

General discussion about Scoobs.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
the cheek of it

Postby buffy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Drove past ford garage other day and saw a lovely rs focus so thought i d ask how much to px my wr1 against it ??, They told me they would give me £3000 for it :shock: after all but laughing at him he then says well we ll only chuck it throw the auctions and get what we can for it :shock: :shock: talk about adding insult to injury,, So i think i ll stay with the wr1 and sod fords :D :D :D
LBUFFIN
buffy

Re: the cheek of it

Postby Megaman » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:09 pm

I had the Focus ST tuned up to over the Focus RS level and can say they are great all rounder cars but they lack grip in the moist greasy wet roads. You will really miss a 4wd car if you move to one of those. As for 3k for your car, theyre taking the micky.
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby SteveS » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:37 pm

buffy wrote:Drove past ford garage other day and saw a lovely rs focus so thought i d ask how much to px my wr1 against it ??, They told me they would give me £3000 for it :shock: after all but laughing at him he then says well we ll only chuck it throw the auctions and get what we can for it :shock: :shock: talk about adding insult to injury,, So i think i ll stay with the wr1 and sod fords :D :D :D

I would have asked for a test drive on a really shitty day with him in the passenger seat in the Frod (spit). Let the colour drain from his face then climb into your 1 and do the same route...............see what his offer is after that. :woohoo:
SteveS

Postby marchar » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:37 pm

they clearly think that its just an 04 impreza
Nobody told me it was this brutal !
marchar

Postby Gary75 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:29 pm

marchar wrote:they clearly think that its just an 04 impreza

There just going of the so called guide to prices, ask them what price the car would go back on the forecourt for? And you will take that...... All dealers are theives regardless of overheads. They want stringing up by there bollocks :oops:
Gary75

Postby Gary75 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:35 pm

buffy wrote:Drove past ford garage other day and saw a lovely rs focus so thought i d ask how much to px my wr1 against it ??, They told me they would give me £3000 for it :shock: after all but laughing at him he then says well we ll only chuck it throw the auctions and get what we can for it :shock: :shock: talk about adding insult to injury,, So i think i ll stay with the wr1 and sod fords :D :D :D

My arse that car would fetch more than £3000 at auction and if in pristine condition would be back on there forecourt.
For £10000, I'm sorry but dealers are fookin rob dogs, I haven't met a legit one yet, and rest assured the car you buying has the same mark up or even more, win win situation in my opinion. :x
Gary75

Postby buffy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:39 pm

He reckons it wouldn't go on forecourt?? Then he blubbers on about the foreman of the fitting shop got a Subaru in a powdery blue colour, I asked if it a wr1 & he said don't know it light blue he never uses it:-/ for a dealership they really didn't sell the car or new anything about the focus,, asked if the foreman was there & they said no he gone home??? What a bunch of tossers,, was on two minds to sell anyway now I think I LL stay with the old girl(the car I mean) ;-);-)
LBUFFIN
buffy

Postby Gary75 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:50 pm

buffy wrote:He reckons it wouldn't go on forecourt?? Then he blubbers on about the foreman of the fitting shop got a Subaru in a powdery blue colour, I asked if it a wr1 & he said don't know it light blue he never uses it:-/ for a dealership they really didn't sell the car or new anything about the focus,, asked if the foreman was there & they said no he gone home??? What a bunch of tossers,, was on two minds to sell anyway now I think I LL stay with the old girl(the car I mean) ;-);-)

He knows what it's worth... As for tossers I totally agree. Steer clear. There is a name and shame section on here, stick this garage on there just in case, and name of the twat who is trying to shaft your ass :lol:
Gary75

Postby The Swede » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:47 am

It's a 10 year old scoob. What did you expect to get for it? :?
The Swede

Postby Gary75 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:00 pm

The Swede wrote:It's a 10 year old scoob. What did you expect to get for it? :?

The same price the arsehole puts in on the forecourt for, 10 year old or not....... :wink:
Gary75

Postby Carl Curtis » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:34 pm

Gary75 wrote:

The same price the arsehole puts in on the forecourt for, 10 year old or not....... :wink:

Not wishing to fuel the fire too much but if you were to own a car dealership Gary I'm guessing you wouldn't be in business very long.
Carl Curtis

Postby The Swede » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:07 pm

Indeed. For the owner, his car is always "special", but if you look at it objectively, it's an old scoob.

Some also argue it was a limited edition... Sure, but there were many before and many after. And does that really matter to the customer? :?
The Swede

Postby simon.r » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:22 pm

Best to sell private then....
simon.r

Postby Gary75 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:29 pm

Carl Curtis wrote:
Gary75 wrote:

Not wishing to fuel the fire too much but if you were to own a car dealership Gary I'm guessing you wouldn't be in business very long.

I would want the best deal possible without ripping the customer off, as this guy is trying to do.. Both parties will part happy happy. But an offer of £3000 is taking the pisssssssss big style, that motor will be back on the forecourt for £8 or £9k
Mmm There's no sentiment in business and being self employed myself, takes no prisoners when cost is involved, but ripping people off is a fookin no,no and if I can help one person from being had by the wolves of the trade I will!! I don't care who I offend along the way, tough.... I believe is something needs to said I will say it. Simples.... :shock:
Gary75

Postby Carl Curtis » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:41 pm

I would want the best deal possible without ripping the customer off, as this guy is trying to do.. Both parties will part happy happy. But an offer of £3000 is taking the pisssssssss big style, that motor will be back on the forecourt for £8 or £9k
Mmm[/quote]
Wasnt suggesting that £3000 wasn't taking the piss only commented that you reckon the dealer shouldn't make a profit. Profit is how the world turns around,albeit some make more than others.
Had a moan about this before. If you expect a good price from a car dealer you are very naive. This Car dealer ' bashing' is a bit silly. No ones holding a gun to your head to use them.
Sell private every time especially with a car that's out of the ordinary.

Carl
Carl Curtis

Postby Gary75 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:45 pm

Carl Curtis wrote:
Gary75 wrote:

Would you give up your pride and joy for £3000, knowing the bloke you have sold it to will make a good £6000 profit :?:
Gary75

Postby Carl Curtis » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Would you give up your pride and joy for £3000, knowing the bloke you have sold it to will make a good £6000 profit :?:[/quote]

Of course I wouldn't. Especially given what I said above. However I have absolutely no sympathy for someone that would have gone through with it. Far too much molly coddling goes on in this country with an increasing amount of people expecting others to think for them.
Do your own homework and research before buying or selling anything,it's not rocket science. Your crusade to save people from their own stupidity is a waste of time IMO.

Carl
Carl Curtis

Postby The Swede » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:04 pm

6000 GBP profit, as in selling it for 9000 ?

The Swede

Postby Gary75 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:38 pm

The Swede wrote:6000 GBP profit, as in selling it for 9000 ?

Yes, but you would have to take off overheads etc, which would still leave a tidy profit...the car may fetch more? i was just using as a guide.
Gary75

Postby simon.r » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:17 pm

The Swede wrote:6000 GBP profit, as in selling it for 9000 ?

A main dealer wouldn't always sell it on himself - He would sell it on to one of these 'private' dealers who are on the look out of these types of vehicles.
To which there are a few out there.

The dealer would take a guess sell it on for 7k to which the private dealer would sell it on for £8.5k for example.
simon.r

Postby The Swede » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:43 pm

:bang:

OK, let's be more basic: 9K for a 10 year old scoob? :toofunny:
The Swede

Postby Gary75 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:00 am

The Swede wrote::bang:

OK, let's be more basic: 9K for a 10 year old scoob? :toofunny:

Yes and yes, but how much are 10 year old Evo's fetching? £8 to £10 seen a good few on ebay fetching more.....
The RB320 still fetching £15 to £17 and that's only a few years younger... The evo FQueer models are fetching a little more possible because they are :gay: and maybe some of this, if you drive one :fight:
Gary75

Postby buffy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:35 pm

to be honest if the guy had offered me £6000 i would have gone for it,, love the car but not using it so much now,, it maybe 10yr old but just had timing belt ,all tensioners ,full service, all oils changed, re map by bob rawle, new plugs, new discs pads rear, ok wheels need refurd and slight scratch on rear bumper but thats about it,, even got new set of winglets in black to go on but never fitted,, their lose :D :D :D
LBUFFIN
buffy

Postby John Mc » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:27 pm

I'm totally with the Swede on this one.... £6k is a fair offer for one of these now.

You'd have to be smoking banana skins to pay any more than 6.5k for a minter with full history.

The reason the trade is offering £3k is because they are the ones taking the risk. In the current climate, people aren't queueing up to buy these kind of cars. You boys need to wake up and smell the dog shit, the economy is cattle-trucked and people can't afford these vehicles as a toy.
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby The Swede » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Funny indeed how some people haven't got the point yet. Tomorrow a gay guy walks through your offices with your boss and before your know, your plant is being closed and moved to Vietnam or Romania... :wave:
The Swede

Postby buffy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:00 pm

at a push i d take £5000 but there we go, if i thought someone would look after it i d go £5 k, even now private,, :) :)
LBUFFIN
buffy

Postby Gary75 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:56 am

buffy wrote:at a push i d take £5000 but there we go, if i thought someone would look after it i d go £5 k, even now private,, :) :)

That should sell straight away, bargain price.
Gary75

Postby Bonovox » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:03 am

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:I'm totally with the Swede on this one.... £6k is a fair offer for one of these now.

You'd have to be smoking banana skins to pay any more than 6.5k for a minter with full history.

The reason the trade is offering £3k is because they are the ones taking the risk. In the current climate, people aren't queueing up to buy these kind of cars. You boys need to wake up and smell the dog shit, the economy is cattle-trucked and people can't afford these vehicles as a toy.

Bonovox

Postby John Mc » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:11 am

Lol Bono... Quality mate

Swede, I like your scenario mate, it is a common occurence :lol:
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby Gary75 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:15 am

For those that have owned and sold your WR1, did you take rock bottom price and get shafted up the arse? Let us all know what you sold your WR1 for? Before comments like its only worth this its only worth that. I agree its a 9 year old car, expensive to run etc,etc,etc but lets see if you cocks sold to cheap. :?:
Gary75

Next

Return to General Scooby Chat