Login    Register

Took a 05 STi out yesterday.........

General discussion about Scoobs.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Took a 05 STi out yesterday.........

Postby Brian » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:53 am

Ok it has the Nice nobs for the heaters

The Dials are not the new black ones though which light up when started - Like the Legacys.

SOme SERIOUS bog down and i mean its bad.

No massive power boost in the midrange like the WR1, just easy reving to the red line.

A bit boring, really, Handling is different, very different compared with the WR1.

Its alot more frisky at the back, with the Diff control set in Auto the rear end stepped out a few times, not as much traction as me ole WR1.

You can really feel what Prodrive have done to the WR1 to make it better than the rest.

the 05 is closer to a Classic ride than anything else in the range.
Brian

Re: Took a 05 STi out yesterday.........

Postby chris » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:57 am

Brian wrote:Ok it has the Nice nobs for the heaters

The Dials are not the new black ones though which light up when started - Like the Legacys.

SOme SERIOUS bog down and i mean its bad.

No massive power boost int he midrange like the WR1, just easy reving to the red line.

A bit boring, really, Handling is different, very different compared with the WR1.

Its alot more frisky at the back, with the Diff control set in Auto the rear end stepped out a few times, not as much traction as me ole WR1.

You can really feel what Prodrive have done to the WR1 to make it better than the rest.

the 05 is closer to a Classic ride than anything else in the range.

It's good to read a sensible review of the car rather than on that puts it up on a plinth because it ISN'T a WR1!

I'll try to blag a drive next time i'm in the dealers.

My thoughts from looking at the pictures i that the new centre console looks tacky and the material on the arm rests will end up looking rather worn afer a year or two.
chris

Postby jaycee » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:00 am

You're both just jealous.........!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
jaycee

Postby chris » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:01 am

Jaycee wrote:You're both just jealous.........!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes i am, you're right. I'm going to respray my car WR Blue and pretend it's a MY05! :wink: :lol:
chris

Postby jaycee » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:06 am

I'm glad I went for my 04 now. I'll be giving my dealer a ring to see about a 24 hour thrash, I mean test drive but I don't think I'll change until we get the new range now.
jaycee

Postby chris » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:09 am

Is the new shape due in 2007?
chris

Postby jaycee » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:11 am

Think so. I suppose what it looks like though has to be taking into consideration!
I think the other manufacturers will have got some interesting cars by then as well.
jaycee

Postby Brian » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:48 am

the rear wheel arch extensions are plastic inserts and look awfull.
I measuered mine compared and the wheels still would have fitted without the plastic extensions...........just.......

The engine power didnt feel as smooth as the WR1, a bit unsettled is the best way to describe the engine.

As for the Blue material on the door inserts....... i nice finish as they look like sued.

At the end of the day it wasnt as sure footed as the WR1.

If you want more slides and less grip the 05 STI is for you,, but it certainly wasnt for me.. by miles.. to be honest i was VERY surprised as i was expecting something better.
Brian

Postby chelspeed » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:18 am

To be fair this was presumably a standard 05 STi and the correct comparison will be with the 05 PPP fitted, whenever that arrives.

Still think I'll prefer the WR1 though plus I've had an extra 6 months driving already and probably nearly a years worth by the time the PPP surfaces.
chelspeed

Postby Kamakarzi » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:38 pm

Thanks for keeping us all posted though Brian...........
Kamakarzi

Return to General Scooby Chat